Sunday 1 February 2015

Life is about achieving, let yourself know what you want and go for it...

As promised another update of my progress for the 10K, for those of you who don't know I fell ill after the new year and ended up with chest infection, upper respiratory and a wheeze on my right lung. Yes!!! Three weeks training lost and still recovering but nothing will stop me and, therefore, to help get myself back on track I spent a great morning on Thursday with Lesley Bradshaw joining in her Pilates class. I love going to Lesley's as I always come out taller, we did a few stretches and were concentrating on our postural and abdominal muscles. It's amazing how it strengthens and lengthens your core and posture. Amazing....

Through life we have many areas that we focus on: work, business, kids ,studying, and generally just life. I'm sure you've all had times when you know you could do something and then bam.... that old behaviour of being lazy jumps back in or you just simply use excuses or you are simply not motivated enough!!!!    

For myself I can say I have done all of these!! I've focused on my business and my children - all this has helped me but my physical body needs an overhaul!!!

It's a great feeling helping yourself and great having friends to help you along the way to achieve the goals that you are aiming for in life. A great thank you goes to Hazel for my present of a pair of running shoes from the Lincoln Runner, who were great and it was a laugh as I didn't expect that I would be running down the high street while they were observing me to see how I ran, this gave Nicky and Hazel a good laugh, thank goodness I was in my leggings and not my Marilyn Monroe dress.....

To test drive those new running shoes Nicky took me to the Gym and put me through some paces and got me on the treadmill, we won't tell Maddy yet what my finish time would be for the 10K as she has promised to stay with me and I'm sure she wouldn't want that timing, so I will keep going and let you know how I do...

Thought I'd share a photo from years!!!!! back when Maddy and I last ran the 10K together... No Laughing...

Life is about achieving, let yourself know what you want and go for it...

2 comments: