Friday 8 August 2014

Feel the fear, face it, be strong enough to look it in the eye and say "I choose not to be ruled by you!"

I remember a few times in my younger days at school learning how to swim, they were not my best times. Teachers may have had a lot to cope with in those days with regards to getting kids to swim. It's not something I did as a child, so my days in the pool were hard and fearful. In different schools I had a few teachers who lost patience in helping me and others to swim. Then one fatal day I had a teacher push me in a pool that was for diving, lucky for them that my parents never attended my school. I nearly drowned but I was saved by a student who could swim.
Looking back it was amazing that I decided to learn how to swim by paying for lessons at lunch time in high school.
I'd never been able to go under water until recently, with a help of a friend and another friend called fear... the only solution here was for me to bring fear to the swimming pool and really discover why I wanted to keep it! Can you imagine wanting to keep fear!! Well we do it without knowing.
I made a conscious choice to let it go, and that was a good solution. We struggle sometimes by unknowingly feeding the fear and repeating the patterns, never being able to move on from it.
Therefore, that would imply that the "bad" experience is still being played out in our sub-conscious, never allowing you to move forward creating limitations and perpetuating the fear.
Fear what is it? Do you suffer from it? Most of us do in various ways and at different times of our lives.. Fear is very real.
Anything can start it, it's not something many of us like to admit. It's OK to get help with it, you don't have to do this alone, enlisting the help of friends or professionals and bringing it out into the open often makes it more manageable, because it won't go away, it's always there.
Feel the fear, face it, be strong enough to look it in the eye and say "I choose not to be ruled by you!"
Take action, do it now - putting it off is a choice and will not solve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment